Each spring, homeowners across the country are enjoying the beautiful new bulbs in their gardens and opening windows to the warm breezes. They are also planning time for the annual spring cleaning. Nothing feels better than a freshly cleaned home. If you’re unsure about what needs cleaning this spring, here is our best Spring Cleaning Checklist. You might need to add or subtract items, but this will give you a jumping off point for your Spring Cleaning project.
• Wipe Walls and Ceilings – Dust ceiling fans and remove cobwebs in corners and along the edges of the ceiling.
• Clean and Reseal Grout – Get out the gunk and repair/replace any areas where the grout needs attention.
• Vacuum and Shampoo Rugs: Employ a professional company or rent a machine from the local store.
• Dust – Everything has accumulated dust over the winter, this is the time for a deep dust.
• Clean Upholstered Furniture – Take cushions and pillows outside and beat them to remove dust and dirt. If needed, have pieces professionally cleaned.
• Clean Windows – Completely clean windows and polish the hardware.
• Wax Wood Furniture – dusting is not enough to care for your wood furniture. Once a year, use a paste wax to restore the beauty of your wood.
• Wash and Wax Floors – Wash or wax your floors to protect them as well as get dirt from winter weather out.
• Check your Smoke Detectors – Change your smoke detector batteries, check carbon monoxide detectors and test your fire extinguisher to make sure you’re ready for any emergency.
Start fresh this spring with this simple Spring Cleaning Checklist.